Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Megalomanic Mondays:Lush edition

This week i've been thinking what do I want to include in this weeks MM. One of the the things I though I would include was everything from Lush because my skin is angry at me right now because i've been too busy to look after it, so i'm constantly sitting around with face masks on. Right  now its the Mask of Magnaminty. It's going to be 10 things again because I am legitimately obsessed with Lush,its bad.Writing this its hard not for me to invent problems so I can buy everything. My boyfriend got me £30 worth of stuff for valentines day and now I just want to buy everything.
1.I was writing this thinking about massages. I'm human,I like a good massage. Its relaxing and it takes away some of the aches and pains. My first thought was if I got one of these tom would have to give me massages when I get period pains. But then I thought about when I finish work and I ache. These seem like a good idea because massage oils are so expensive and these are pretty reasonably priced. I was looking a specific scent. This one screamed to me because its called Ego and i'm studying the psychoanalytic approach at the moment. It also has lavender in it which is my favourite scent. Its also got tarragon which smells amazing and combined with lemon juice makes a banging chicken marinade.
 2. Ive really started getting into good quality shower gels and bath schtuff. Ive used up all my cheap crappy ones and now I have Peach Voulette from the body shop to use which was a holiday gift from toms aunt. It feels nice to treat myself. Plus my skin is pretty good so I don't need a lot of product to get results so the price tag on the more high end products doesn't bother me as much. This is soothing so I liked this one the best. I don't have that sensitive skin on my body, its mainly my face but I feel like this would be useful when shaving to prevent shaving rash which I do get sometimes. I should probably start using shaving creams which since Lush do them will probably be the next on my list. Bad Sammy
 3.This drew my attention when I was in Lush last. My boyfriend was daft enough to leave me outside a Lush for more than 5 seconds while we at Waterloo so I bought Ultrabland, because I got Mask of magnaminty for valentines days, and only just realised its not a cleanser and I need a new cleanser. This caught my eye because I have the foot scrub and it seems like this would finish off a pampering sesh by providing moisture when you get rid of the dry skin. This would make my feet very happy, which I need since i've started wearing legit heels and not wedges.
 4.This is my favourite of the bubble bars but I went for the cheaper ones when I got mine. I love the smell of lavender that this has and the fact you actually get lavender with it. Lavender reminds me of my grandmas garden, its such a happy relaxing scent. This looks pretty awesome too with the mottled purple effect. This would be amazing for after a stressful day.
 5. For valentines day I was looking for a proper face mask and when I was searching the website for things for this post I was amazed that I didn't choose this one. Its for dry and sensitive skin which is a problem that I have. Because its winter my skin is extra dry and I feel like this would be one of those treats that would help for a little bit until I could properly cleanse and tone.Wish I had gotten this instead.
 6. If I didn't have Ultrabland I would have gotten this. I want a proper cleanser but the ones that Lush do seem to be quite fussy. They're a bit like face masks and you have to properly use water and scrub with them to get an effect. I prefer a liquid because I have to cleanse and tone everyday at the moment. I get up in the morning and cleanse and tone before I put on my make up so I want something I can use and not have to think about because I am NOT a morning person. I'm so tired I don't want to have to think about my face.
 7.My Hair is flat as a pancake. Volume is something I have trouble with. Sometimes its quite awkward because its fine and backcombing doesn't always work. Id like to try this because I want to try lots of different things to try and get my hair more voluminous. I'm gutted that I'd have to give up my Aussie to use this because it makes my hair soft. Id maybe try and use both.
 8.I love this mainly because of the name.Its amazing. Apparently it it chocolate and coffee. I'm not a massive fan of coffee but it seems like a fun one to try.I like things that smell like chocolate.It has hints of lime in it which I love. I recently got soap and glories shower scrub and that smells of Lime so much,its such a great smell that leaves you feeling so clean.
 9.My hair is fine, which is why its so flat. Id love to be able to treat it a little to make the condition a bit better. The condition is pretty good as it is. Far too good for the amount of dying it has taken, probably because I don't style it that often. But its always good to look after yourself so I like the idea of something specifically for fine hair.
 10.Getting my hair dip dyed has been really awkward because I have so much red in my hair. The bottom blonde part is pretty brassy. My hair dresser said to use a clarifying shampoo to avoid brassy tones but id prefer to use this. Mainly because I trust Lush as a brand. Obviously it will not reverse the brassy tones I have at the moment but I would love to try it after I get it dyed next.
So yeah that was my Megalomanic Mondays.I have a lush haul video to do and will get that up ASAP but its unlikely to be before Wednesday because i'm balls deep in uni work.So sorry guys. Let me know below if you would like to see any favourites videos because i'm tempted to start doing those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!youve decided to leave a comment which is amazing.But please be nice!