Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Barry M Croc Nail Effects review

In october I bought the Barry M Croc Nail effects in Burgundy.
I couldnt quite get used to it at first. I didnt read the label ,applied it to dry nail polish and it ended up being a weird oxblood sort of shade. Dont get me wrong.I love oxblood. But you could see the base coat underneath and it looked like someone had bled all over my hands, which though halloween-y, really isnt that good a look.
However I retried it recently and I was so impressed I went out and bought the black one today.
I didnt really notice this with the burgundy but the black is very shiny. It looks so shiny on that I havnt applied a clear topcoat because I dont think I need to. When I tried the burgundy I was impressed by its staying power. After an hour in the bath it had only chipped a little and that was only when I used my exfoliating gloves. If I hadnt had the bath or used the gloves I feel like it would have lasted longer. After the intial chips it didnt peel off loads like some nail varnishes do.
I have noticed with other Barry M effects nail polishes (Crackle,im looking at you) that when you put it on it makes your nails feel all dry and disgusting and have this texture which I really just abhor. I was pleased to find this doesnt have this. It obviously feels textured because it is but its not dry.The nails just feel nourished.
 I love the fact that they do it in Burgundy too, my other half encouraged me to get the Burgundy for something a little different and im so pleased  I did.Its such a nice autumnal shade and I paired it with black which just looked great. Toady I tried black with navy blue underneath but it hasnt quite had the effect I was looking for because the blue is too dark to see the black properly. Its a dramatic look but too dark to appreciate both colours.
 I have heard people say that croc is just another crackle and I can see the similarities.This one is more circular crackles where crackle is more rectangle and sort of straight crackles if that makes any sense. Its more geometric.This can have elements of that,its pretty unpredictable.It might depend on how thick you put it on.The bottle says use a thin coat which I do but I guess Ill just have to experiment with it a little more.
The most important part is,it does look like a crocodile.Which with a name like croc effects, what more could you ask for?
For the £3.99 I believe it was,its definitely worth the money,Its so cheap and I really would reccomend it.Too bad its winter.Its great for autumn

 You cant really see the blue but I do have Rimmel 60 seconds in blue my mind underneath.Not a colour I use a lot but its the only navy I have.I would like a matte navy thats a little lighter to use black croc with because I feel like it would be a great dramatic look.A dark red would look good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!youve decided to leave a comment which is amazing.But please be nice!