Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

My Haircare routine

Hey again!
As I may have mentioned I dyed my hair blonde at Christmas and have been working on getting it the shade of blonde I want since then. I've had it bleached twice which takes such a toll on your hair quality. In between my first and second bleaches I had to wait almost two months of conditioning to try and get it to the right condition before my hairdresser would agree to bleach it a second time. Here's all the products I use on it now. Some of them are just to add moisture and don't condition and some are to restore strength.












Lush Retread
I don't use this all the time because its quite expensive and I have to use a lot. If I ever got a job in Lush (please god) I probably would use it all the time. It's supposed to repair the hair from the inside and then smooth the outside, and I was told that on the first few uses I wouldn't like it or think it made any difference. However I loved this product instantly. Its quite rich and creamy and has a nice smell that isn't overpowering on the hair. With the bleaching my hair can feel quite rough which I assume is because of the damage, this smooths my hair and makes it feel silkier and with more moisture.
 Redken Extreme Strength Shampoo
This as lasted me quite a few months, though it is expensive. I will have to replace it though. It does repair the damage and make it silkier though i'm not so in love with it that I wouldn't replace it if I could find a cheaper product that did the same. This is supposed to infuse the hair with protein to make it stronger and repair the damage. I have found there aren't many products on the market that have protein so I guess I have to stick with this.

 Aussie Coloured Hair Shine Serum
I wanted to try some new Aussie products so I bought this in a three for ten. I like this. Its not heavy so doesn't weigh down the hair and does add a subtle shine. It doesn't have the great peach smell that other Aussie products have which is a shame.
 Aussie Miracle Recharge Heat Spray
This does have the peachy smell but its very subtle. It doesn't weigh on the hair or wet it so much that you have to wait for it to dry before you can straighten. My hair doesn't seem to get damaged by this so it seems to be working. I will definitely try other brands though

 Loreal Extraordinary Oil
I have been wanting to try this for sooo long and it was finally on offer at £6.66 I think (EEK!) at Christmas. This has lasted me a while because you don't have to use much. It really injects some moisture in my hair and makes it feel sleeker, especially when combined with the shine serum,  without making it look greasy. Its quite light so I can still add volume after i've used this. I think next time ill try the one for coloured hair though.
 No Drought Dry Shampoo
I'm not sure if my bleached hair doesn't need to be washed as much or whether this works so well at sucking up the grease. This can be quite difficult to get in the hair and can be messy, I've also found that it sits in particular parts of the hair. However, it does seem to increase the amount of time between washes and mattifies the hair. It also makes it easier to add volume and makes it seem lighter somehow. I do prefer this to aerosol dry shampoos because it makes the hair feel clean as well as look it.When my hair needs washing my scalp feels itchy which aerosol dry shampoos dont take away but this does.
 Redken Extreme Strength Conditioner
I use this alternatively with the lush conditioner. This smooths my hair and makes it feel less damaged. It doesn't make it feel more moist though. I find that when my hair is dry it feels quite fine and soft but can feel a little dry which this doesn't seem to clear up. However I will keep using this until I find a better product in my budget
 Aussie Colour Insurance Leave In Conditioner
This has the great peach smell to it and leaves the hair feeling perfumed and great. I don't know if it protects my colour, it think shampoos or some other product that goes all over the hair would work better to protect colour

What products do you use? Do you use any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!youve decided to leave a comment which is amazing.But please be nice!