Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Confession Time and Shoe Review

For a blogger I really don't do justice in my posts to how many pairs of shoes I have.I have a serious problem. I just picked up a pair today and I should have another coming in the next few days. Obviously being as tight as I am I try to aim for the bargains. I think it's time I owned up and reviewed some of the pairs I have hoarded.
  Today I am reviewing my newest shoe purchase. The beautiful Shadow Stud. My next few reviews are going to be Jeffrey Campbells because they are the only shoes I buy online. Generally I wear converse during the day, although i'm on the lookout for some cut-out boots.
   I think these shoes have changed my life. I was already wary of them because I thought I'd ordered the wrong size. I always go on solestruck to check the sizing of shoes from the review and I really thought I'd have to wear a 5 but I ended up with the 4 and they fit, if anything they're a little loose so im going to have to wear lots of socks with these.




As you can see from the pictures they are COVERED in tree spikes(I think thats what theyre called) and they have a bunch of really spikey spikes at the top around the heel. These really are sharp,I know because I hurt myself picking them up to shoot these pictures, so you have to be real careful when putting them on. They're pretty easy to walk in, not as easy as converse or Litas but easy enough that you can walk in them without needing to focus heavily on what your feet are doing. They are a lot easier to walk in than other heelless shoes I have because youre feet are completely covered, which is something i've heard a lot of reviewers say. However after a few hours of wearing them they do start to become sore on the balls of the foot, they don't have the long lasting comfort that the Litas have. 
They do command a lot of attention and I wouldn't have been able to wear them in the past because of how much attention they get,people do notice them and do ask about them so you have to be prepared for that. But hey, if you bought them they must have grabbed your attention so they'll do the same with everybody else.
I did find the colour a little difficult to pair with initially because a lot of my shoes are black and a lot of my leggings have loud prints and I didn't think these shoes really leant themselves to loud leggings. I really felt they needed to be the main part of an outfit because they're so eye catching. I eventually went for a dark blue pair of high waisted jeans and a sheer white blouse.
But now for my favourite part: the price. As I've previously mentioned, I LOVE  a bargain and these were no exception. Office always have these in the sale for between £50 and £70 depending on the colour, but I tend to not buy Jeffrey Campbell's brand new because they are usually so expensive. I buy all of my Jeffrey Campbell's on eBay because you can get some great bargains. These cost me the princely sum of £7.39 so I got a real bargain. So if you want cute shoes for cheap, get on eBay you could find something really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!youve decided to leave a comment which is amazing.But please be nice!